Village of Hope Mission
To provide love, care, and protection to orphans and other vulnerable children so they can develop fully, become good citizens, and contribute to society.
Village of Hope Vision
Children from any background have the right to be cared for and loved; to get an education; and to be empowered to develop their full potential. The Village of Hope is a secure, loving home for vulnerable children in Danang City and Quang Nam Province.
- Raise funds to ensure regular provision of care, education, and nutrition for all children at the Village of Hope.
- Ensure that all Village of Hope children attend school.
- Provide basic, necessary life skills training for the Village of Hope children, including in computers and English.
- Empower the children to explore their potential in art, music, dancing, sports, sewing, and other extracurricular activities.
Objectives towards 2020
1. Ensure good living conditions, learning opportunities, and recreation for all VOH children.
- Maintain and develop the network of Village of Hope sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
- Connect the children to opportunities to study, work, receive vocational training, and have fun with the outside community.
2. Create sources of revenue to help the Village of Hope become self-sustaining:
- Plant vegetables and raise animals.
- Renovate the painting room to become a small gallery for displaying and selling products made by the children.
- Open a cafeteria to teach the children how to cook and serve if they are ready to start working and contributing to the VOH.
3. Continue to support at least the current number of children at the Village of Hope and seek additional funding to increase the number of children at the VOH.